Schedule: Sunday, 16h30
Lecturer: Joana Pimenta, MD PhD
- FMUP students only
- Lab coat
Are you in the first years of medicine school? Are you eager to start interacting with patients and feel like a real doctor? Then, this workshop is perfect for you! In this session, you’re going to learn the basics of a complete physical examination, how to explore each finding and what to be aware of when trying to reach a clinical diagnosis.
About our lecturer:
Joana Pimenta, MD PhD
- Internal Medicine consultant – Internal Medicine Department of Centro Hospitalar S. João, EPE. Member of the Heart Failure Clinic.
- Master in Molecular Medicine – FMUP
- PhD in Cardiovascular Sciences – FMUP.
- Assistant professor in Medicine – Clinical Practice (6th year – MIMED).
- Member of Cardiovascular Research Unit (UnIC),
- Main interests: heart failure, natriuretic peptides, hypervolemic states, venous thromboembolism, anticoagulation.