“Addressing the lack of international meetings in the course of our medical training, we devised the YES Meeting with three main goals in mind: biomedical student education, presentation of biomedical research projects developed by students, and creation of a student network around the globe.”
Filipe La Fuente – Founder of the YES Meeting
The YES (Young European Scientist) Meeting is an international conference built by a group of students from the Faculty of Medicine of the University of Porto, in Portugal. Its major purpose is to provide a global platform of scientific and cultural exchange to biomedical students all over the world.
Our target audience consists of undergraduate biomedical students and graduate students who have recently graduated and wish to present their research work, as long as it was conducted while being a student. Furthermore, any student interested in learning about cutting-edge innovations is most than welcome to attend the whole Scientific, Workshops and Social Programme without having to prepare a presentation.
YES Meeting Organizing Committee 2017
The members of the Organizing Committee are committed to gather worldwide biomedical students and achieve the following main goals:
1. Biomedical projects developed by students will have the main stage. Participants can present their own research work in a formal conference and discuss the results with a renowned pannel of Juries. There will be Oral Communications, four Poster Sessions and the most expected Plenary Session. As in previous years, the main themes are: Internal Medicine, Neurosciences, Oncology & Molecular Biology, Physiology & Immunology, Public Health & Medical Informatics, and Surgery. Our Scientific Committee will award prizes to the best presentations.
2. Gather world-class scientists in Porto who will present major discoveries in five different areas: Internal Medicine, Neurosciences, Oncology & Molecular Biology, Physiology & Immunology, and Surgery.
3. Participants will also have the opportunity to exchange ideas with these experts in an informal manner, learning deeply and experiencing science in a unique way through our Speed Meeting with Scientists event.
4. Offer biomedical students the opportunity to practice their medical skills with our Workshops Programme: a series of sessions with a hands-on approach to science. Learn practical tips from the very best professionals in Portugal.
5. Lastly, but equally important, is the construction of a worldwide network of students, having the interest for research and biomedical sciences in common.
We invite you all to take part in the 12th YES Meeting, whether as a Presenting or a Non-Presenting student. We assure that we will provide an enlightening and unforgettable scientific experience!
The 12th YES Organizing Committee