Message from the Organizing Committee
The members of the Organizing Committee are committed to gather worldwide biomedical students and achieve the following main goals:
1. Biomedical projects developed by students will have the main stage. Participants can present their own research work in a formal conference and discuss the results with a renowned pannel of Juries. There will be Oral Communications, four Poster Sessions and the most expected Plenary Session. As in previous years, the main themes are: Internal Medicine, Neurosciences, Oncology & Molecular Biology, Physiology & Immunology, Public Health & Medical Informatics, and Surgery. Our Scientific Committee will award prizes to the best presentations.
2. Gather world-class scientists in Porto who will present major discoveries in five different areas: Internal Medicine, Neurosciences, Oncology & Molecular Biology, Physiology & Immunology, and Surgery.
3. Participants will also have the opportunity to exchange ideas with these experts in an informal manner, learning deeply and experiencing science in a unique way through our Speed Meeting with Scientists event.
4. Offer biomedical students the opportunity to practice their medical skills with our Workshops Programme: a series of sessions with a hands-on approach to science. Learn practical tips from the very best professionals in Portugal.
5. Lastly, but equally important, is the construction of a worldwide network of students, having the interest for research and biomedical sciences in common.
We invite you all to take part in the 13th YES Meeting, whether as a Presenting or a Non-Presenting student. We assure that we will provide an enlightening and unforgettable scientific experience!
The 13th YES Meeting Organizing Committee